Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Swearing In!!!!!

Well, today is the day we finally become Peace Corps volunteers. I am very happy for that. It seems as though we have been in training for so long. In a couple of hours we will go to the ambassedor's house for our swearing in ceremony. We will sit through the ceremony, take the official oath (the same one that Obama will be taking in January!), sign some papers, and then first thing tomorrow morning we leave for site to finally start doing what we came here to do.
It will be a huge adjustment, but I am excited about it. Training here is such a controlled environment. Lots of rules, lots of structure, lots of scheduled classes and sessions, and not even the freedom to choose what I want to eat. I am so excited to actually cook a meal for myself for once!!! Don't get me wrong, training has been an important and (mostly) necessary thing, but we are just ready to move on.

No comments: